What Program are you currently in? How long do you have remaining?
-I am in the 1400 hour, 3 day hair styling program that started back in August. I have about 8 months of training left which seems crazy because I feel that I’ve already learned a crazy amount and I can’t believe there’s still so much more. Looking forward to learning it all!
Why did you choose Delmar College?
– Choosing a hair school was way easier that I thought. I had taken a couple school tours, Delmar being the last one and after talking with Shauna I knew right away I wanted to come to Delmar. Their curriculum stood out to me that they focus on you learning with mannequins before sticking you on the floor with real people. I had also heard many good things about Delmar from coworkers at the salon I worked at.
What award did you receive ?
– I received ambassador of the month and as my prize I got the Paul Mitchell protools express ion style+ flatiron; which I am super excited to use when I start my first day at the salon after school!
What does it mean to you to have been chosen as the school ambassador?
– It is an honor to be chosen as the school ambassador! It shows that the teachers really notice the effort and hard work I put in everyday. It is really nice to be recognized for your hard work because it gives you that extra push to keep going.
Why did you want to become a stylist?
– As a little girl I always loved doing my friends hair whenever we would play around. I loved that everyone had a somewhat different hair texture and they all did different things. I love to make people feel happy and beautiful, it makes me feel good as a person when I did something for them.
What is your goal?
– My goal right now is to rock all of my practical evaluations so I’m able to work on all clients when our class goes to the salon floor. My next step out of Delmar is to go back to Hedkandi Salon where I was working before hair school. I’ll receive even more education at Hedkandi and begin working my way to being a stylist.
What is your favourite part of the Hair program?
– I loooove color! I find all different hair colors to be beautiful and you have so many options to play around with! Going to Delmar and learning to cut hair has made me more interested in haircutting but I still think my main one is color.
So far how has your experience been at Delmar?
– The experience has been pretty great! All of the teachers are super helpful and you can go to anyone for questions. I’ve learned so much already and I’ve only been in the program since August!
What advice would you give someone about to attend Delmar?
– To always be paying attention and listening or it’s going to be harder. It’s such a fast paced program and there’s so much new information being given to you everyday and if you aren’t paying attention you most likely won’t be able to catch up.
Has it been the right path for you?
– I would say yes, definitely. Working with people and their hair brings out a side of me you don’t usually see. I get so happy and giddy over my work if it turns out nice. I love to have the opportunity to be as creative as possible, and in this industry you can!
No gimmicks. Just great education
Social Media Coordinator Brittany Connors